To enter write your story which must:
- be between 1200-1500 words. It can be any genre or sub-genre but do see below in the terms and conditions some of the things we’d like you to avoid.
- be around the theme of ‘someone who stands up for what they believe in’. We are keeping it vague to allow you to use your imagination.
Before your entry can be considered, you must:
- pay your £4.00 entry fee through either Paypal or the donate button on this website
- email your story in the body of an email and also include your payment reference.
Terms and conditions:
- Competition closes at midnight (GMT) on 22nd September 2017 (the “Closing Date”).
- Entry fee is £4.00
- Submit your entry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the Closing Date. Your email must contain your entry, name, home address, email address, telephone number, and your story title.
- Stories must be at least 1200 words long but no longer than 1500 words. Entries must be typed in English only. Your entry must be written in the body of the email only. Attachments will not be opened.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant and not previously published anywhere else. Entries must not contain anything defamatory, obscene, illegal or otherwise inappropriate as may be deemed by the Organiser.
- Entrants will retain copyright of their submitted entries. However, by entering, winning entrants agree to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition, which will include publication of the entrant’s name with their entry on Kosta’s Olive Tree blog/ website and for the post to be widely circulated on social media.
- All valid entries received before the Closing Date will be reviewed by a sub-panel of judges who will short-list ten entries. The main judging panel will then select an overall winner and two runners- up.
- The Judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be one winning prize (£70) and two runner up prizes (£30 each).
- Prizes will be paid via Paypal for non-UK winners. UK winners will be paid by cheque or bank transfer. Please do not enter if you do not have a way of collecting your winnings, (unless you would like to donate your winnings to the cause) 🙂 .
All profits go to good causes which I think Kosta would have supported. These will include UK based charities to help ex-servicemen and women with PTSD and charities/ causes that work on supporting the rebuilding of Kurdish communities and Yezidi refugee camps in and around Syria. For a full list of current projects check out our blog or the relevant page on the website.